Located on the first floor of The Victorian, this room has a loveseat in a bay window that faces out into the property complete with mini fridge and Keurig coffee maker. There is a subway tiled shower in the bathroom. Approximately 170 sf.
When President William Howard Taft dedicated the Pilgrim Monument in 1910, he stayed in this Carver Street house. Built in the 1840s by a banker, the building retains its original Second Empire Victorian exterior style, including an “Ace of Spades” band of cedar shakes along the mansard roof. The recent renovations restored the interior with period moldings, custom mahogany doors and reproductions of 1860s and 1880s lighting fixtures. Furnishings in the nine guestrooms are chestnut, walnut and burled maple American Victorian antiques, many of which have marble tops.