This room is located on the second floor of The Victorian with windows overlooking Carver Street and the Courtyard. Reached via an interior doorway, the room has a gas fireplace, a sitting area, and in the bathroom are an oversize whirlpool tub—big enough for two—and a 3x6' tiled shower with controls at both ends. This room also features a king size bed, mini fridge and a Keurig coffee maker. Approximately 260 sf.
When President William Howard Taft dedicated the Pilgrim Monument in 1910, he stayed in this Carver Street house. Built in the 1840s by a banker, the building retains its original Second Empire Victorian exterior style, including an “Ace of Spades” band of cedar shakes along the mansard roof. The recent renovations restored the interior with period moldings, custom mahogany doors and reproductions of 1860s and 1880s lighting fixtures.