From the second floor windows of The Victorian, Room 139 overlooks the pool at one end and treetops at the other. This ample room has a private entrance, a gas fireplace and a large tiled shower with wall jets in the bathroom, a mini fridge and Keurig coffee maker. Approximately 205 sf.
When President William Howard Taft dedicated the Pilgrim Monument in 1910, he stayed in this Carver Street house. Built in the 1840s by a banker, the building retains its original Second Empire Victorian exterior style, including an “Ace of Spades” band of cedar shakes along the mansard roof. The recent renovations restored the interior with period moldings, custom mahogany doors and reproductions of 1860s and 1880s lighting fixtures.