“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” – Mary Olliver
Tolerable spring weather is slowly rolling in our direction and I’ve already got my calendar out to make sure I’ve got a few boxes checked. This year, proper planning is taking precedent in my house and I’m giving ample notice for these Provincetown events where, if you like to have fun, attendance is mandatory. I know summer feels like it is never going to get here, but it will! And reservations in this town fill fast!
1) Single Women’s Weekend Provincetown (May 18-20) – All the single ladies put your hands up! From hot dance parties to spin-the-bottle, this long weekend offers lots of opportunities to meet and connect with someone special. For more details click here. While we’re on the subject of women in PTown, the official women’s week in 2018 is scheduled for October 8-14.
2) Provincetown International Film Festival (June 13-17) – The festival’s 20th year offers an impressive lineup of screenings and exclusive parties. You never know who you may see. If you want to get in on the action you’ll need early reservations! For details click here.
3) Portuguese Festival / 71st Blessing of the Fleet (June 21-24) – One of my all-time favorite blasts of local color, this festival kicks off Thursday and goes to Sunday (that’s when they Bless the Fleet). The parade is on Saturday from 3 to 5pm, bring the kids and your appetites!
4) July 4th Weekend – Boom! The July 4th parade and fireworks help bring this month in with a bang! I’ve been going to see the parade and fireworks in P-Town ever since I was a kid. My favorite parts? Tons of people enjoying themselves and its completely free!
6) Carnival (August 11-17) – Are you ready? Get some early rest and schedule some time off from work because Carnival is taking over starting Saturday, August 11 and it won’t stop until Friday the 17th! This year’s theme: Mardi Gras by the Sea! Start working on your costumes now and get ready to party!
If you need any more, please check out ptownevents, they run a great website and their calendar is constantly updated with everything local.